Our 1968 Ford Mustang showed some signs of life after the carburetor and fuel systems were rebuilt. Unfortunately the Mustang did not run correctly. With some diagnosis we found the 1968 Ford Mustang Intake Manifold Leak was preventing the carburetor from working correctly. Here is a video on how we diagnosed the leak.
Once we determined that the manifold was pulling air in and bypassing the carburetor we orders some new intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets from Fel-Pro.
After the manifold was remove we started the tedious task of scraping the gaskets off the head surfaces. We used a combination of razor blades and scrapers to get the big stuff off then finished the surface with 120 grit sand paper on a sanding block.
Onto the valve covers.
Here is the finished product. At first glance the engine looks like new.